That life can be kind even when the world is cruel. That it isn't something I have to be perfect for all the time, that there are things out of my control all the time. This year taught me that life can be soft even with rough edges and being all over messy. Life taught me that circumstances and things don't just come into your life unexpectedly, that there's a purpose for every moment. You may not feel it now, but in time you'll understand, life has a way of working out and piecing itself together. Time is never guaranteed though, so cherish every moment. Live your day to the fullest and never stop trying. Give it your all and never forget who you are in the process. You are growing every day some days or seasons may be slower than others, but oh how you are still growing amongst the seasons. You may not see it now, but give it time and trust in the process. Have trust in yourself that you'll bloom when you are ready to and the whole process will be worth it.
[excerpt by Aim's]
This year was unbelievably diffcult and challenged me in every aspect, but it taught me so many beautiful lessons that I can carry with me for the new year.
Here's a few... Lessons This Year Taught Me:
1. Life is truly short. We all say it and there comes a time for everyone. I lost a lot of loved ones over the years and it happened for me in 2019. There's no time like the present. There isn't anything ‘kept for best’ or ‘saved for a rainy day’ anymore like we used to. It is all used and enjoyed and appreciated, right here, right now; which is good because we should be enjoying and experiencing every moment.
2. I Still Have A Long Way To Go. Just when I think I have reached a pinnacle in my life development, I peep over the cliff and see a whole new mountain to climb. But that's okay, it really is, because now I have the tools and the skills I need, to scale them more effortlessly. I enjoy the views a whole lot more now too. They really are just worth it and a lot more beautiful.
3. You Can't Keep Everyone With You. Some of our dearest loves may have left us this year or decade– and that is the hardest lesson to learn in life. It’s not the losing so much– as the living life without them. It is like re-learning how to breathe. Likewise, we lose friends in other ways too, not to death but to the passage of time and the growing apart of personalities. It is hard to let go but imperative that we do. If they are not with you now, they were never yours to keep.
4. Mother Nature Is In Charge. This year reminded me in particular, just how powerful this planet, on which we live, is. We can plants seeds, bloom and blossom, evolve and build and progress as much as we like, but we will never control the weather. Mother Nature can show us in one swift move how fleeting and precious all life on earth is. Humbling, to say the least.
5. Meant To Be. What's meant to be will always find its way. Always. Trust the timing and process.
6. Your Way of Thinking. Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
7. Beautiful Things. The most beautiful things in life are not things. They are people, places, memories, pictures. They are feelings, moments, smiles and laughters.
8. Therapy. Sometimes the best therapy is a long drive and music. Sometimes you just need the bare necessities like music, art, nature, baking, etc. to get you some comfort and healing.
9. Go For It. Sometimes we have to stop being scared and just go for it. Either it'll work or it won't. That's life.
10. Some Things May Never Change. Just when we will feel like we are making progress a curveball is thrown our way and when we will feel like we are one step forward we wind backwards farther than where we were the day before, which can be truly disheartening to see things sliding back the way they came, and at the will of the people too. Just don't give up. We must never stop trying.
11. Now matter how much we worry things tend to have a way of working themselves out. Often times we get so consumned that we forget sometimes we need to let things naturally play out and know within due time they will have a way of working things out.
12. Good Outcomes: Sometimes things don't always go according to plan or things change and majority of the time it seems to be out of our control, but the one thing you can control is your attitude and how you react and handle to the situations. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, so trust yourself and the process. Things are unfolding the way they are supposed to be written. Have faith in your journey.
13. How Far You've Come: Never forget how far you've come. Often we forget all the trials, obstacles, and tribulations we were faced, but we did overcome. Even sometimes it can be the most minsiculest thing to you, but you should still acknowledge and value. You might not be where you want to be at, but nieither are you where you used to be. You're growing daily even when the rain pours and th sun shines. You've came a long way. Everything you've been through wasn't't for nothing. It shaped and made you, you. You may not see it now, but someday soon very soon you will see how it was all worth it and lead you to the place where you are at. The journey will be more than worth it. You made it this far you have so much ahead of you.
14. You are worthy:
You are worth the same love you give everyone else. You are worthy of all the happiness this world has to offer. You are worth finding, worth knowing, with loving. You + all of your million layers. You are worthy. You are enough. You are loved. You matter. You are needed. Always hold that close.