This year taught me that life can be kind. That it isn't something I have to be perfect for all the time, that there are things out of my control all the time. This year taught me that life can be soft even with rough edges and being all over messy. Life taught me that circumstances and things don't just come into your life unexpectedly, that there's a purpose for every moment. You may not feel it now, but in time you'll understand, life has a way of working out piercing itself together. Time is temporary though, so cherish every moment. Give it time and just trust in the process. Trust the process.
[excerpt by Aim's]
This year was unbelievably diffcult and challenged me in every aspect, but it taught me so many beautiful lessons that I can carry with me for the new year.
Twenty-Six Lessons This Year Taught Me:
1. Life is truly short. We all say it and there comes a time for everyone. I lost a lot of loved ones over the years and it happened for me in 2019. There's no time like the present. There isn't anything ‘kept for best’ or ‘saved for a rainy day’ anymore like we used to. It is all used and enjoyed and appreciated, right here, right now; which is good because we should be enjoying and experiencing every moment.
2. I Still Have A Long Way To Go. Just when I think I have reached a pinnacle in my life development, I peep over the cliff and see a whole new mountain to climb. But that's okay, it really is, because now I have the tools and the skills I need, to scale them more effortlessly. I enjoy the views a whole lot more now too. They really are just worth it and a lot more beautiful.
3. You Can't Keep Everyone With You. Some of our dearest loves may have left us this year or decade– and that is the hardest lesson to learn in life. It’s not the losing so much– as the living life without them. It is like re-learning how to breathe. Likewise, we lose friends in other ways too, not to death but to the passage of time and the growing apart of personalities. It is hard to let go but imperative that we do. If they are not with you now, they were never yours to keep.
4. Mother Nature Is In Charge. This year reminded me in particular, just how powerful this planet, on which we live, is. We can plants seeds, bloom and blossom, evolve and build and progress as much as we like, but we will never control the weather. Mother Nature can show us in one swift move how fleeting and precious all life on earth is. Humbling, to say the least.
5. Meant To Be. What's meant to be will always find its way. Always. Trust the timing and process.
6. Your Way of Thinking. Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
7. Beautiful Things. The most beautiful things in life are not things. They are people, places, memories, pictures. They are feelings, moments, smiles and laughters.
8. Therapy. Sometimes the best therapy is a long drive and music. Sometimes you just need the bare necessities like music, art, nature, baking, etc. to get you some comfort and healing.
9. Go For It. Sometimes we have to stop being scared and just go for it. Either it'll work or it won't. That's life.
10. Some Things May Never Change. Just when we will feel like we are making progress a curveball is thrown our way and when we will feel like we are one step forward we wind backwards farther than where we were the day before, which can be truly disheartening to see things sliding back the way they came, and at the will of the people too. Just don't give up. We must never stop trying.
11. Now matter how much we worry things tend to have a way of working themselves out. Often times we get so consumned that we forget sometimes we need to let things naturally play out and know within due time they will have a way of working things out.
12. Good Outcomes: Sometimes right decisions don't always lead to good outcomes. Which doesn't mean that we won't reach a good outcome, but it just that there are often some decisions that we should take into consideration and be open-minded.
13. How Far YCome: Never forget how far you've come. Often we forget all the trials, obstacles, and tribulations we were faced, but overcame. Even sometimes it can be the most minsiculest thing to you, but you should still acknowledge and value.